Sunday, August 16, 2009

Wine Pairing for the Everyday #2

Voting

It occurred to me, now that we are in an era of the eternal political campaign, we should be prepared when the inevitable day comes. I suppose there are two paths to take on this. One, to pick a serious wine that will attempt to match up with the intricacies of the Technicolor gumbo we call an election campaign… except far more palatable; or two, you could be of the opinion that “Government is the shadow cast by business over society.” (Dewey)… And take most of the math out of the equation. Sorry, I’ll stop with the micro political epiphanies and return them to where they belong, 30 television spots.
As luck would have it, I’ve got a wine that will satisfy the oversimplifying political junkie, AND the apathetic serial shoe shopper on voting day.

Possessing several degrees of complexity yet never taking itself too seriously, Flat Rock’s Twisted Red 2007 has got the nod from me.

Damn it, I just can’t help myself…
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of liberty must undergo the fatigues of supporting it." (Paine)

Wow, 2 quotes in the same blog… I’m so learned.


What’s cooking:

$3 Recession Pasta Tuesday (The 17th) going old school with my meatballs and spaghetti!
Burgers and Angelo Bean sausages on the Patio on Sat!


Events:

Prince Edward County trip still has tickets available! Buy yours today.


David Berman
Food Geek

No comments:

Post a Comment